As a Certified Passive House Consultant (CPHC), Signature Sustainability are well educated in the strategies necessary to take your project from a standard design to Passive House compliance.
The process for designing energy efficient and resilient buildings has been standardized through the Passive House Institute US (PHIUS) Certification program. Based on climate zone and building type, Passive House buildings using the PHIUS+ 2015 Passive Building Standard use about 86% less energy for heating and 46% less energy for cooling as compared to a typical code-compliant building. As a Certified Passive House Consultant, we can work with your design team to ensure your building meets the program requirements. On average, Passive House Certified projects cost from 3% to 10% more upfront, though they save every month on greatly reduced utility bills.
Passive House Certification should be your starting point towards achieving “Net Zero”. Buildings that certify under the PHIUS+ standard, met climate specific annual and peak heating and cooling loads, as well as exceptional air tightness, limited thermal bridges and resilient construction requirements. If certified through PHIUS+ 2015, your building will utilize passive design strategies tailored to your location and the design will be optimized for comfort, durability and performance. Passive House buildings use less energy, maintain comfort with minimal mechanical heating and are built to last.
PHIUS+2015 Building Certification Includes:
- Climate Specific and Cost Optimized performance metrics
- Comprehensive design and energy model review
- WUFI Passive – Energy Model
- WUFI Plus – Hygrothermal Analysis (evaluates potential for mold risk in the building envelope)
- Rigorous Quality Assurance (On-site verification)
- DOE Zero Energy Home Certification
- EPA Indoor Air Plus Certification – improved indoor air quality strategies
- HERS Score (Home Energy Rating System)
If you want to earn Passive House Certification on your next project please contact us.